Why it matters: Shipping luxury and high-value goods isn’t without risks, but there are steps you can take to help reduce them.
What you can do: Do some prep work and then train your staff on these best practices.
- Keep security protocols confidential to limit information and minimize the risk of fraudulent activity.
- Validate customer addresses and payment before shipping.
- Synchronize deliveries with recipient to minimize time-in-transit.
- Train all staff on packing and coverage procedures.
- Confirm you have adequate coverage for loss and damage and check for gaps in your current coverage.
- Prepare shipments under a camera to ensure the tracking number is captured and to avoid empty-box claims.
- Double-box items to minimize pilferage.
- Use clear tape to seal shipments.
- Remove sensitive terms, such as jewellery, diamonds, company name/logo, etc., from all labels and packaging; use abbreviations instead.
- Make sure there are no loose items in the package.
- Hide the tracking number when sharing shipment information.
- Always require an adult signature on residential deliveries.
- Track your package to ensure it was delivered and follow up with your recipient.
- When possible, film the opening of high value packages and returns.
- Always keep packaging if a loss or damage occurs, or if there is evidence of tampering.
Helping prevent losses is at the core of what we do. Contact a member of the team for more details about how we can help your business.