Why it matters: The goods you ship are expensive. With so much at stake, it’s important to follow these guidelines in the event of a loss.
What you can do: Always properly package your goods and follow our claims procedures to help with recovery.
- Double box your items in new packaging and limit movement of the goods within the interior box.
- Label the inner box and remove any description or branding on the shipping label or box that could give away its contents.
- Match the delivery address to the billing address associated with your customer’s credit card to ensure the delivery address is accurate.
- Send all residential shipments with Adult Signature required and confirm the receiver will be home when the shipment is due to arrive.
Claims Best Practices
- If there is any damage or missing contents, ask your customer to retain both the merchandise and packing materials until the claim has been resolved. The loss or damage claim will be invalid without the packaging and contents.
- Keep your receipt if you drop off your package at a retail location. Unless the carrier scans the package electronically, the “Drop-off Receipt” is required when filing a claim.
- Follow the Terms and Conditions of service to ensure:
- Your shipment commodity is covered. Exceptions to the named commodities must be pre-approved in writing prior to shipment.
- Your shipment follows the outlined procedures for safe transit.
- Report any loss or damage to insured goods immediately. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for the exact reporting and claim filing deadlines.